Humanities and social science related majors augment Overseas Education functionality. Due to increasing overseas demands for Chinese teachers, NCNU established Institute of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language. To meet the needs of foreign students, NCNU also offers Chinese Education curriculums to assist serious shortage of overseas Chinese teachers. In the future, NCNU will establish departments to coordinate with school affairs development and integrate each major resource and expands academic studies field. In 2013, “Master Degree Program of Non-Profit Organization Operation Management” will be established. This program may assist local NPO (Non-Profit Organization) development and strengthen operation management capabilities. The diverse and cross-border programs, cultivate quality NPO management personnel. Plans for “Research Center of Innovation and Practice of Shueishalian” overlap humanities and social sciences are the fundamental knowledge, innovation and social practice platform of Shuishalian development.
The college consists of two sections: the humanities and the social sciences. We believe in the integration of the humanities and the social science and the mutually beneficiary relation between the practice and the theory. We aim at providing a learning environment that cultivates human resources equipped with both expertise and multidisciplinary competence, producing contributory asset to the academia and the industries.
- Department of Chinese Language and Literature
- Department of Foreign Language and Literature
- Department of Social Policy and Social Work
- Department of Public Policy and Administration
- Department of History
- Graduate Institute of Southeast Asian Studies
- Graduate Institute of Anthropology
- Graduate Institute of Teaching Chinese as a Second Language
Prospects and Features
- Promoting the combination of the academic research and the industrial practice; devoted to cultivating experts of policy planning and the administrative managemsnt.
- Upgrading the research and education of the humanities and the social science, establishing a firmer ground for the cultural, social constructiona nd sustanability.
-Reinforcing regional studies and the discipline-integrating academic researches and their education, with emphases on local research, the education of Southeast Asia and oversea Chinese communities.
-Promoting academic exchange both internationally and between the Taiwan Strait, broadening the view of the world of the students and the faculties.
-Cultivating the faculty of compassion, digitalization and literary-artistic creativity; upgrading the faculty of problem-solving the independent research in the master and doctoral students.